Friday, March 4, 2016

Aubrey McClendon. May he rest in peace.


When I heard Aubrey McClendon’s death I realized I probably would not be doing what I’m going had it not been for Aubrey.  He truly is one of the leaders of the shale revolution. I grew up in Williamsport, Pennsylvania and it was Chesapeake’s drilling activity in Norther Pennsylvania that resulted in my jumping into the oil and gas industry. We launched Shale Directories in November 2009 and newsletter Facts & Rumors in August 2012. In many of the issues of Facts & Rumors, we covered all the news about Aubrey and the readers seemed to like following his latest moves. As many of you know, I’m a CNBC junkie and have it on when I’m working in my office. I found it very interesting yesterday that Stephen Weiss, a financial analyst on CNBC, compared Aubrey to Steve Jobs with the impact that Aubrey has had on the oil and gas industry in this country. We now have all this recoverable oil and gas in America because of his efforts. If you want to read a fascinating book about Aubrey
http://www.shaledirectories.com/blog/aubrey-mcclendon-may-he-rest-in-peace/

No comments:

Post a Comment